Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Some Thoughts on the Season

All of a sudden it is the middle of December, and life has been overtaken by holiday preparations, get-to-gethers, and other year-end commitments. Painting a daily painting just isn't going to happen over these next two weeks, and I have just come to terms with that. Instead, I am trying to carve time out each day, including some studio time, to:

a) Do some "quick fixes" (which often aren't so quick) on paintings that otherwise are done and ready to frame

b) Finish two larger works I begain earlier in the year

c) Advance the marketing projects I want to address come January (ready a portfolio for galleries, find venue for solo show, prepare slides for juried shows/PSA, develop web site/blog for larger works, market giclee prints of larger paintings, ad to obtain local pet portrait commissions).

So I am wishing all a very happy holiday season. I feel very blessed and grateful for all the blessings of my life, and hope that anyone reading this can say the same. The next time I will post here will be when I have something new to show...which might not be until January!!!

2 comments:

Susan Borgas said...

Rhonda I have been a regular visitor to your blog for awhile now and enjoy it very much. I would like to wish you the best for the festive season and look forward to when you start posting again.

Anonymous said...

Hope your going to start posting again...I miss your pastels!