Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Rose's Rocks - 10x14" Pastel


While walking with my sister-in-law Rose, she admired the rocks that dot the landscape in my neighborhood. I have walked by these rocks for 17 years, and I had never noticed them. Damn, they are nice rocks!

Now there are paintings of rocks, and paintings of rocks. For instance, look at Albert Handell's rocks...things of beauty, every one. Well, I basically suck at landscapes, so maybe I just have to do a lot more of them to get better at it. But you should visit my neighborhood and see these rocks...this painting really doesn't do them justice.

As far as this painting is concerned, now that I look at it I noticed that the trees really detract from the rocks. Maybe tomorrow I'll take them out and repost.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done!

Anonymous said...

Is there anyway to post your paintings larger? It's hard to see the details. Thanks!

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

I will repost larger and see how it looks...thanks for the feedback